Weather Alert

Rihanna Is Taking Her Father To Court

On Tuesday, Rihanna sued her father Ronald Fenty, claiming he’s been trying to make money off of her hard-earned success,” and seeking a cease-and-desist order and damages. But this is apparently news to Mr. Fenty.

As previously reported, Rihanna accused her dad and his business partner of giving the public the “false impression” that their talent and entertainment booking business, Fenty Entertainment, is affiliated with Rihanna and is authorized to represent her.

The lawsuit cites several instances where Mr. Fenty tried to book Rihanna for concerts, without her knowledge or approval.

OK! magazine claims to have spoken with Ronald Fenty who, when informed that his daughter was suing him, responded, “She is? Suing me? Why would she sue me? It’s my name! She’s never going to sue me — I’ll have to fight it!”

Fenty also insisted that it isn’t his daughter who’s actually doing the suing.

He explained, “She doesn’t have the time to deal with all this stuff herself, so it is someone else that will be doing it. She’s working hard on her album at the moment. I don’t think she’d sue me.”

“This is all news to me,” he continued. “They sent something to Fenty Entertainment, it was a letter from [Rihanna’s label], I think, but my lawyer said it was O.K. They said they preferred me not to use the name, but they didn’t say I couldn’t.”

But the lawsuit clearly states, “Defendants are aware of the falsity of these statements and have been repeatedly told to stop. Notwithstanding these warnings, Defendants continuously and repeatedly made and make these misrepresentations.”

Fenty did admit, however, that his daughter “stopped following” him on Instagram.

Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On