Vancouver, Wash. — Clark County Public Health Officials announcing Wednesday there are 14 confirmed cases of measles and 3 suspected cases reported in the county.
The 14 confirmed cases are all children. 12 are children under the age of 10, 2 are between 11 and 18 years old.
13 of the confirmed cases are also children who are unimmunized.
The patents visited locations all over the Portland and Vancouver area including 5 schools.
The following is a list of locations and dates where people may have been exposed.
Health care facilities:
- Magnolia Family Clinic, 2207 NE Broadway, Suite 200, Portland from 11:30 am to 3 pm Tuesday, Jan. 8.
- The Vancouver Clinic, 700 NE 87th Ave., Vancouver
- 3:30 to 7 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
- 10:45 am to 1:30 pm Saturday Jan. 12.
- 4:30 to 7:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 9:30 am to 1 pm Monday, Jan. 14.
- Kaiser Cascade Park, 12607 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver from 1 to 8:30 pm Saturday, Jan. 12.
- Randall Children’s Hospital at Legacy Emanuel Emergency Department, 2801 N Gantenbein Ave., Portland from 11:30 am to 2 pm Saturday, Jan. 12.
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Emergency Department, 400 NE Mother Joseph Pl., Vancouver
- 10 pm Saturday, Jan. 12 to 4 am Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 12:30 to 8:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 13.
- Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center, 2211 NE 139th St., Vancouver
- 8:30 pm Saturday, Jan. 12 to 1 am Sunday, Jan. 13.
- 5:45 pm Sunday, Jan. 13 and 12:30 am Monday, Jan. 14.
- Cornerstone Christian Academy, 10818 NE 117th Ave., Vancouver on Friday, Jan. 4
- Vancouver Home Connection, 301 S. Lieser Road, Vancouver on Monday, Jan. 7; Tuesday, Jan. 8; and Friday, Jan. 11.
- Hearthwood Elementary School, 801 NE Hearthwood Blvd., Vancouver on Monday, Jan. 7; Tuesday, Jan. 8; and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Image Elementary School, 4400 NE 122nd Ave., Vancouver on Tuesday, Jan. 8 and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
- Eisenhower Elementary School, 9201 NW Ninth Ave., Vancouver on Tuesday, Jan. 8 and Wednesday, Jan. 9.
Public Health is requiring exclusion of students and staff without documented immunity to measles from schools, child care and other congregate settings.
- Church of Christ Savior, 3612 F St., Vancouver from 9:30 am to noon Sunday, Jan. 6 and 6 to 11:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 6.
- Church of Truth, 7250 NE 41st St., Vancouver from 11 am to 4:30 pm Sunday, Jan. 6.
- Portland International Airport, 7000 NE Airport Way, Portland from 10:45 am to 3:45 pm on Monday, Jan. 7. More specifically, anyone who spent time in Concourse D and the Delta Sky Lounge during that time period.
- Costco, 4849 NE 138th Ave., Portland from 1 to 5:30 pm Tuesday, Jan. 8.
- Amazon Lockers, 1131 SW Jefferson St., Portland from 3:30 pm to 7 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Rejuvenation, 1100 SE Grand Ave., Portland from 3:30 to 7:30 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Pho Green Papaya, 13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver from 7:30 to 10:30 pm Thursday, Jan. 10.
- Chuck’s Produce, 13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd., Vancouver from 8 to 11:45 pm Thursday, Jan. 10 and 2:30 to 5:30 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
- IKEA, 10280 NE Cascades Parkway, Portland from 4:30 to 8:30 pm Friday, Jan. 11.
Public Health has established a call center for questions related to the investigation. Anyone who has questions about public exposures should call, 360.397.8021. The call center hours are 9 am to 5 pm daily, including weekends.
At this time, it’s unclear whether these cases are connected. This is an ongoing outbreak investigation. Public Health will provide updates as additional information becomes available. Public Health has created a webpage dedicated to the measles investigation that contains the latest information, as well as answers to frequently asked questions.
Anyone with questions about measles infection or the measles vaccine should call their primary care provider or their local county health department:
- Clark County Public Health, 360.397.8021
- Multnomah County Public Health, 503.988.3406
- Washington County Public Health, 503.846.3594
- Clackamas County Public Health, 503.655.8411